I am Jack's Smirking Revenge

little, yappy dogs

Monday, February 18, 2008

Giant Bicycles Part III

Previously on 'Giant Bicycles', we found that a not-very-used $1000 bicycle had broken, but that it was under warranty. Then we found that the warranty fix cost would come to more than the cost of a new bike.

The happy ending follows.

Bike 'n' Hike, here in Portland, OR, have been most excellent in their efforts to help me out with this.

I show up with a bike which they are not actually required to give me any warranty service on (because I bought it in Japan), and, after some investigation, the regional Giant rep gives Bike 'n' Hike the go-ahead to replace the broken frame or offer me a nice discount on a new bike in the shop.

Well, after much hemming and hawing over my lost $1000 (see entry part 2 for details), I finally decide to just replace the bike.

I ended up with the new Giant Yukon FX- a decent full-suspension bike with an aluminum frame and disc brakes.

Applause to Giant and Bike 'n' Hike. These guys know what service is, and they have a new loyal customer. Thanks guys!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home