I am Jack's Smirking Revenge

little, yappy dogs

Friday, June 29, 2007

To the RIAA

Hey, first of all, with your litigious asshole behavior over the last 10 years, you're making about as many friends in this country as an Amway salesman makes on a crowded bus.

Second, in response to your idiotic actions against net radio, I am officially boycotting any piece of music associated with the RIAA for the next year. I will borrow the CDs from my friends, I will buy them used, but I will not pay for a new album, and thus neither you nor the artist involved will be receiving my money.

That includes all of the albums I had planned to buy since discovering them on the net radio stations I listen to. All those purchases are pushed out a year, and if you keep this crap up, I'll go another year.

That is to say, in order to make my point to you, RIAA, I will have to hurt the people whom I'd rather be supporting- the musicians who associate themselves with you- by not giving them my money. There are a number of albums I discovered through internet radio which I'd really like to just run out and pay way too much for, and I'm going to buy them used or not at all.

So screw you. And all your pig lawyer friends. And politician friends.

Up yours with something scratchy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home