Gandhi's Seven Things
I just stumbled onto this, hadn't heard of it before...
Gandhi made this list of "Seven Blunders" that lead to passive violence and gave it to his grandson shortly before his assassination. His grandson added the eighth item.
1. Wealth Without Work
2. Pleasure Without Conscience
3. Knowledge Without Character
4. Commerce Without Morality
5. Science Without Humanity
6. Worship Without Sacrifice
7. Politics Without Principles
8. Rights Without Responsibilities
This will fuel some interesting thinking in the next few days and weeks. I am not entirely sure I will make much of #6, but the others look promising.