I am Jack's Smirking Revenge

little, yappy dogs

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Sonique player's Rabbithole viz

In the world of software MP3 players for your PC, there once lived Sonique. Cute, fairly stable, and much nicer to interact with than many similar apps, Sonique showed promise.

And as such, some dorks somewhere bought it up, underfunded and then delayed its development, they were in turn bought out, and finally the little program died. You can still get it and install it, but in a world of 2-3 year newer apps, well, it feels a bit like downgrading.

There is one reason you might do it, though.

Rabbithole, a visualization (pretty moving-picture thing that responds to the music as it plays), was only written for Sonique, and nobody has ever made a version that would work with other players. The author, 'Feldspar', is nowhere to be found.

I'm a big fan, obviously. Feldspar- where did you go? Won't you come make a plugin for us?

Update: Feldspar, aka Alec Bellanca, and CoR, aka Robert Wenzel, are the two names associated with Rabbithole. Maybe now I can find them...

6 Comments:

At December 29, 2006 11:58 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Rabbithole shall always be remembered. The most amazing vis ever created, no doubt about it.
I am trying to find it somewhere on the web but with no luck.
Mate, do you have any information on tracking it? Or maybe you can send it to my e-mail? t is: ivankra@gmail.com|
Thanks.

 
At December 29, 2006 12:15 PM, Blogger Will Von Wizzlepig said...

Sure! I'll try to look it up when I get home- I think I may have the plugin somewhere.

 
At August 01, 2007 12:29 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Your post inspired me to do some digging, which led me to this little plugin for winamp, and little file named RabbitHole.exe that I burned to disk back in the day for some reason.

The plugin is a bit annoying, but it's working as I type this, so it works for me.

 
At September 16, 2008 2:45 AM, Blogger Feldspar said...

This winamp plugin also works: http://www.winamp.com/plugins/details/102606

 
At January 26, 2009 9:38 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I have both Rabbit Hole versions. You can see that with a small player called XMPlay. it works fine. I have a request to a father of this vis " Feldspar ". Please come up with an update for this heavenly vis. Make it more tripping.

 
At August 02, 2011 6:43 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Rabbit Hole is now available as an iPhone App www.feldspar-apps.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home