I am Jack's Smirking Revenge

little, yappy dogs

Saturday, July 12, 2008

"Would you like a toolbar with that?"

For some reason, major software makers have picked up a nasty habit of rolling some internet browser toolbar application into the install file for their products.

Several applications I use, both free and for pay, have a little screen in their setup where, if you are not careful, you will end up with a search toolbar installed.

I'd just like to take a quick moment to say KNOCK THAT OFF, and DON'T DO IT AGAIN.

I purchased your software, and it shouldn't be trying to sneak anything in during the install process- and what I mean by that is I should be able to install your application with default settings just by clicking "next" until I see "finished". Having to wonder when you might slip in some nonsense like the Yahoo toolbar, google toolbar, ask toolbar, etc, is not cool.

When I want a toolbar, I'll go find it myself.

Also, Nero, thanks for the useless crapware which does not show up under "custom install", so that it can be removed- "Nero Scout". It's nice that I have to worry about THAT, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home