I am Jack's Smirking Revenge

little, yappy dogs

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Comcast customer service chat

Here's a fairly laughable example of 'service' from Comcast.



Yes, you are reading that correctly: "Currently 209 in the queue"

At 10:09am on a Sunday.

As I type this sentence, it is 10:29am, and I am now down to 96 in the queue.

At this rate, I may receive excellent customer service before I am due to retire and move to Florida. But I may not. I'm already dreaming of the shuffleboard games and frothy glasses of metamucil.

2 Comments:

At August 25, 2008 3:20 AM, Blogger ComcastCares1 said...

That's ridiculous. Were you able to get through and get assistance?

Please let me know if you need further assistance. I work for Comcast and I'd like to help.

Also, will you send me the phone number on the account? This information will help me understand your experience better.

Best Regards,

Mark C.
Comcast Corp.
We_Can_Help@cable.comcast.com

 
At August 25, 2008 9:47 PM, Blogger Will Von Wizzlepig said...

Hi Mark.

Thanks for stopping by. It is kindly of Comcast to have you out doing damage control, but the point I need to make here is this:

If they were paying you to instead ensure that I did not have to wait 50 minutes to chat with someone, the situation would be far better remedied.

So, as with previous complaints I have filed here on my blog, someone showing up after the fact to put the official "Comcast cares" band-aid on my easily-google-able record just shows that Comcast is looking of for its own interests, and not mine.

I am not out to bust your chops, or to score some free services. Bad service deserves a writeup- I just want my experience to be available to others, and if service somehow gets better someday in the future, well, maybe this was a miniscule part of it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home